Our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident lawyers can help you rebuild from your injuries by winning the maximum possible settlement. There are hundreds of motorbike accidents in El Paso every year, leaving locals with devastating injuries and medical bills.
Too many victims get undervalued offers that leave them in financial ruin in the future. We will ensure that doesn’t happen.
We welcome you to contact our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident lawyers today for a free consultation.
Proudly Serving Green Mountain Falls
Do I Need to Hire a Green Mountain Falls Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Do You Want to Win the Maximum Possible Settlement?
If you’ve suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault, you deserve to be compensated. That compensation must not fall short of the estimated damages you have endured and will continue to endure.
Sadly, insurance companies are for-profit companies. They will do everything they can to minimize their expenses, leaving you without enough money to recover financially and physically.
Our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident lawyers will aggressively fight these daunting insurance companies, to win you the maximum possible settlement.
Handle Greedy Insurance Companies
Our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident lawyers will also handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance company. This will allow you to rest, recover and rebuild after the accident.
We know that the last thing you want to do right now is manage paperwork, phone calls and negotiations. It’s stressful and tiring.
Our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident lawyers have been on the other side of the table and know first-hand how to get around their tricks and manipulation.
Collect Evidence and Investigations
Evidence is at the core of any successful personal injury claim. Our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident attorneys will collect evidence that proves the true cause of the accident and show the true value of your damages.
Our impressive resources allow us to work with crash, medical and financial specialists.
El Paso Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Annual Motorcycle Accidents in El Paso
- 2022: 214 crashes
- 2021: 223
- 2020: 183
- 2019: 208
- 2018: 246
- 2016: 209
- 2015: 217
- 2014: 227
- 2013: 238
Annual Motorcycle Accident Deaths in El Paso
- 2014: 19
- 2015: 10
- 2016: 10
- 2017: 8
- 2018: 12
Driver Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in El Paso
In 2022, the following human causes were reported:
- Careless Driving: 48
- Reckless Driving: 13
- Speeding: 11
- Over-correcting/Oversteer: 10
- Failed to Stop at Signal: 7
- Lane Violation: 6
- Following Too Closely: 4
- Improper Turn: 2
- Improper Passing on Left: 2
- Impeded Traffic: 2
- Failed to Yield: 2
- Too fast for conditions: 1
Driver Contributing Factors of Motorcycle Accidents in El Paso
- Driver inexperience: 22
- Suspected with Alcohol: 18
- Suspected with Marijuana: 1
- Suspected with Other Drugs: 2
- Aggressive Driving: 21
- Distracted: 7
- Did Not See: 3
- Sun Glare: 2
- Age: 2
How to Make a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim in Green Mountain Falls
File a Personal Injury Claim
Colorado is an ‘at-fault’ state. So if you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Green Mountain Falls, you must go through the other driver’s insurance company. Even if you were partly at fault for the accident, you may still be able to recover damages for the other person’s contribution.
The crux of any personal injury claim is proving the other party was at fault. This is done through the collection and presentation of evidence.
Negligence is the failure to uphold the duty of care to other road users.
To prove negligence, you must demonstrate:
- Someone owed you a duty of care.
- That person breached the duty of care.
- The breach resulted in your injuries.
Evidence collection is critical in proving negligence and also the true extent of your damages.
Our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident lawyers will work hard to collect:
- Police reports
- CCTV footage
- Crash reconstruction experts’ statements
- Financial experts statements
- Medical experts statements
- Maintenance reports
- Eye witness reports
- Other specialist statements
Negotiations and Lawsuits
The at-fault party’s insurance company will most likely offer you an underwhelming and insufficient settlement offer. Do not accept these low-ball offers. They will leave you in financial trouble in the future if you cannot cover your ongoing damages.
Our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident lawyers will negotiate on your behalf with the insurance companies to get the settlement you deserve.
If the insurance company still won’t bend to your demands, we will consider filing a lawsuit against them. At this point, the insurance company will usually realize it’s easier to give in than put up a fight.
How Much Is My Green Mountain Falls Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim Worth?
There is no standard answer to this question. But you shouldn’t underestimate the true value of your damages. Many people only think of the expenses they’ve already suffered. But the true damages of your injuries are far-reaching. You deserve to be compensated for the damages from the past, present and future.
Common damages include:
Damages determined by monetary worth:
- Medical Expenses: The medical costs incurred since the date of the accident and the estimated costs in the future.
- Rehabilitation Costs: The estimated cost of any long-term rehabilitation.
- Treatment Costs: Treatment costs can skyrocket, so they must be carefully calculated to avoid you suffering more.
- Lost Wages: Any days you’ve missed from work, or will continue to miss should be covered by the other party’s insurer.
- Loss of Future Earnings: Similarly, if you’ve lost the chance of promotions, career opportunities or employment then you should be compensated for it.
- In-Home Care Expenses: If you need to hire an in-home caregiver, the costs should be carefully estimated.
- Medical Equipment Costs: Medical equipment and home alterations aren’t cheap and should be covered.
- Transportation Expenses: Any transportation fees you’ve incurred in relation to the accident should also be noted; such as taxis, ambulances and flights to specialists.
Damages that don’t have a monetary value attached to them:
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: This may include the loss of ability to perform hobbies and passions, such as sports, arts, socializing, travel and even things such as communicating or eating as you once did.
- Loss of Consortium: The losses your family may have incurred, such as emotional support, companionship and comfort.
- Depression: Depression is an illness that can significantly impact one’s life after a traumatic accident.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: Nightmares, flashbacks and terrors can significantly inhibit your life. If you’ve suffered PTSD from an accident that wasn’t your fault, you should be compensated for suffering it.
- Pain and Suffering: The discomfort and pain you must put up with day-to-day shouldn’t be overlooked. Specialists may be required to put a value on this.
- Scarring and Disfigurement: Any physical or bodily changes caused by the motorcycle accident must be compensated for, as they can severely inhibit your worth and stand in life.
- Long-Term Disability: Long-term disabilities typically are compensated with significant figures due to the life-altering consequences.
Who Was At-Fault for My Motorcycle Accident?
In many motorcycle accidents, there is more than one party at-fault. For example, you may have been hit by a speeding car driver but your injuries worsened due to poor road conditions.
We have helped victims of injuries caused by :
- Bus drivers
- Cab companies
- Car Drivers
- Employers of negligent parties
- Government agencies
- Lyft and Uber drivers
- Other Motorcyclists
- Passengers in your car
- Taxi companies
- Taxi drivers
- Transit companies
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Green Mountain Falls
Careless driving is when another road user operates their vehicle without taking the necessary care. This cause is considered a traffic violation and holds the other driver at fault.
Examples include not paying attention, speeding, distracted driving, tailgating and failing to look or yield for a motorcyclist. Careless driving is the leading cause of motorcycle accidents in Green Mountain Falls.
Reckless driving is a Class 2 misdemeanor traffic offense in Colorado and was the cause of 13 motorcycle accidents in Green Mountain Falls in 2022.
It is defined as operating a vehicle with willful disregard for the safety of other road users. In motorcycle accidents, reckless driving can cause catastrophic wrecks with life-changing injuries.
Failure to Stop at Signals
A failure to stop at signals causes vehicles to collide with oncoming motorcycles and be thrown off their vehicles. The injuries are often catastrophic and may include multiple collisions. 3% of motorcycle accidents in Green Mountain Falls are caused by failure to stop at signals.
If a driver fails to stay in their lane, they can collide with or even squeeze motorcyclists into oncoming traffic or obstacles; this can cause life-changing injuries.
Following Too Closely
Also known as tailgating, leaving a lack of space for motorcyclists to stop in emergencies results in violent collisions with the rider often thrown meters into the air or crushed between vehicles.
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
Drink driving or driving under the influence of drugs was suspected in around 10% of motorcycle accidents in El Paso in 2022. These accidents are often caused by a drunk driver’s poor coordination or reaction time. Police reports can usually prove the cause, allowing victims to gain compensation.
Common Injuries Caused By Motorcycle Accidents in Green Mountain Falls
Head and Neck Injuries
- When drivers are thrown from their bikes, the collision with the road can cause damage to the soft tissue or bones.
- Broken vertebrae can cause paralysis or even death.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
- 2.5 million people suffer Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) every year in the U.S.
- TBIs are life-changing injuries that occur even with the use of helmets as the riders can take violent blows to their heads when thrown from their vehicle.
- Some TBIs may not be apparent immediately.
- Swelling can be deadly and is considered a secondary injury.
- Motorcycle accident victims suffering headaches, nausea, loss of balance or other symptoms should visit a doctor immediately.
- If you’ve hit your head in a motorcycle accident, you should visit a doctor even if you have no symptoms.
Spinal Cord Injuries
- Motorcyclists are vulnerable to spinal injuries, as there is no protection from colliding with the road or other vehicles.
- When the spinal cord’s nerves are damaged, victims can suffer partial or total paralysis.
- Disability occurs below the damaged site.
- Large settlements are required to provide long-term coverage for spinal cord injury victims.
- Broken bones are seen in many motorcycle accidents, as the riders collide with other vehicles, barriers and the road.
- Broken bones can require high settlement fees due to time off work, medical bills and rehabilitation.
Lacerations and Scarring
- When riders collide with sharp objects such as glass, car bodywork, barriers and debris they can suffer lacerations and burns.
- Severe lacerations can be life-threatening and cause life-long scars.
- Surgery and rehab may be required for soft tissue injuries and skin grafts.
- Non-economic damages are common with scarring due to the ongoing suffering.
Soft Tissue Damage
- Soft tissue injuries include tendons, ligaments and muscles.
- Physical therapy and surgery may be required, resulting in large settlements.
- Chest injuries require significant medical treatment when riders are thrown from their bikes.
- Bruises, contusions and internal organ injuries are common.
What if a Loved One Dies in a Motorcycle Accident in Green Mountain Falls?
If someone you’ve loved has been killed in a motorcycle accident in Green Mountain Falls, our compassionate personal injury lawyers can help you file a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful death claims are made to provide the surviving family with compensation for the expenses suffered since the accident date.
We welcome you to contact us today for a free consultation.
Colorado Motorcycle Laws
- Helmets are not required for those over age 18 but are recommended.
- Passengers or operators aged 18 or under must wear DOT-approved helmets.
- Eye protection is legally required for all riders and passengers (such as goggles, or a visor on a helmet).
- A windshield is not considered adequate eye protection.
- Motorcyclists must have footrests for all riders.
- Passengers must ride behind the driver, or in the side car (never in front of the driver).
- Passing or overtaking in the same lane as another vehicle is illegal.
- Lane sharing or splitting with cars is illegal.
- Motorcycles can lane share or ‘co-ride’ with another motorcyclist.
- Riders cannot attach their vehicle to another (towing).
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Green Mountain Falls?
1. Remain at The Accident Scene
Colorado law requires that you remain at the accident scene (unless you are getting medical attention).
2. Call The Police and Emergency Services
If you can, call the police and an ambulance. It is critical for your personal injury claim that they file a police report.
3. Receive Medical Attention
The number one priority is your health. Get medical attention, regardless of your symptoms, if you’ve been thrown from your bike. Head injuries are especially a concern as the symptoms may not arise immediately.
4. Do Not Admit Fault
Never admit fault. Your perception of the accident may be different to the reality revealed through evidence such as CCTV, police reports and crash reconstructions.
5. Keep Evidence
Evidence is critical in a Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident case. We advise you take pictures of the accident scene, and your injuries and retain all related expense recipes, bills and doctor’s notes. They will be used to prove the true value of your damages.
6. Do Not Accept a Low-Ball Offer
Never accept the initial lowball settlement offer from the insurer or other party.
Our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident lawyers will first calculate the true cost of your injuries and negotiate so you aren’t left in financial ruin.
7. Visit a Doctor
We advise you to continue to make visits to a doctor after your motorcycle accident. Some symptoms may not arise immediately, such as those of brain injuries or whiplash.
Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Green Mountain Falls, Colorado
If you’ve suffered an injury from a motorcycle accident in El Paso and its surrounding areas, our Green Mountain Falls motorcycle accident lawyers welcome you to contact us today for a free consultation.
Sean McQuaid and Jonathon Douglas are award-winning Personal Injury Attorneys with vast experience, a proven track record, a strong reputation and impressive resources. We believe we provide the strongest chance of winning the maximum possible settlement to rebuild your life.